Thread: Happy ending
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 28, 2005, 07:37pm
Huck Finn

We have had some snow in the Washington DC area since last week. I guess it is more the threat of a lot of snow that has prevented the kids from going to school since last Wednesday. Our playoffs already started after most areas and now we have lost three days since they can't play if they don't go to school.
Anyway, last night I got a call for a playoff game. This is THE game that I wanted all year long and all I can say is I'm blessed to do what I do for this assignment. This board has been a contributer to my continued development because it is basketball talk and I think it helps on the court. Whether I'm in agreement with the statements made on the forum they do help.
The game I've been assigned is the Washington Catholic league championship. The game was supposed to be starting about now but the snow has postponed it until tomorrow. I will be there with bells on. It is Dematha, which used to be coached by the great Morgan Wooten, versus O'Connell which is coached by Morgan Wooten's son Joey. I think this is just as big if not bigger than doing the boys 3A championship game in Nevada. Some people consider the Catholic league the toughest high school league in the country. O'Connell has a kid going to North Carolina and Dematha has kids going to Dayton and Virginia next year. I'm really looking forward to it.
On a side note. Dematha has a fan that really tries to jump on me during their games. It got to the point last time I had them that we both started laughing during a timeout because he knew I heard/saw/recognized him and I just thought it was funny to rewind the same thing over and over. He was pointing me out to his buddy because he saw I was trying really hard to keep a straight face. He came into the locker room and laughed about it after the game. My partner's thought it was one of my friends (he got into the locker room because it is right off the court and they don't have security).