View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 28, 2005, 11:56am
Official Forum Member

WyMike look at the team camps

Mike,
I forget exactly where you are from, but I know it is the NE corner somewhere. I know that it is a long way to drive but consider the UW Team camps too. Find one of the veterans that you are comfy with, and see if they will head down there with you. That way you work with one of the vets, they see you work and you can go from there.

Another thing that happens down here is this. In order for the vets to take you some where they have to feel comfortable with you. What it took for me to get my foot in the varsity door was socializing with the group of guys I wanted to do games with. After our meeting they always went to have another "meeting" at a local establishment. I started going there, hanging out with them, finding out we had more in common that just basketball etc....before long, when they had games out of town, they would ask me to go along and the rest is history...Along these lines, when you do go with veterans or have veterans watching you, you need to ask for and accept constructive criticism...