View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 26, 2005, 10:22pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Quote:
Originally posted by ronny mulkey
MTD,

I have no doubt that you are not going to let anyone poke someone in the chest. You and me are going to forget the "you can't call a tech "if contact occurs during a live ball" and do the right thing. My point exactly.

I don't think either you or me has a problem with sharing our opinions (no matter how unpopular) with this group, but please restate your question so that someone as simple as me can understand it.

Mulk

Ronny:

What do you mean that I am going to forget the "you can't call a tech if contact occurs during the a live ball?" Repeat after me: Illegal contact while the ball is live is a personal foul; it is not a technical foul.

Mark, can you explain casebook play 4.18.2 then? The way that I read it, the whole act described came during a live ball. The retaliation by B1 during the live ball involved illegal contact(a punch that was judged "fighting"),and this illegal contact according to this case play is called a flagrant technical foul.

Iow, we have 2 different case book plays about fighting during a live ball that state different penalties. CB4.18.2 says the fighting fouls are flagrant technical fouls--and CB 10.4.4SitA says that the fighting fouls are flagrant personal fouls.