View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 05:58pm
In Memoriam

Geeze, I get back in after running around all day, and I see this?

Is this where we get to join hands, sit around the campfire and sing Kumbaya?

Seriously, I appreciate the kind words, but I honestly have to say that I always have got much more out of this forum than I've ever contributed.There are literally dozens and dozens of people posting here from all over the world that have just a tremendous cumulative amount of officiating knowledge, and are more than willing to share it with everybody. Way too many to even start mentioning. I learn something new here all the time- ideas,thoughts,etc.,- and it helps to keep me up-to-date with the ever-evolving game. The perspective that you get from the keen and enthusiastic young guys just starting out like Ref18 is great too. Gotta admit that I'm forever stealing things off of this forum for my own use also. Case in point was a recent excellent powerpoint presentation on 3-man mechanics that came from the Hawai'i group. That sucker got e-mailed to all of my members, and it certainly wasn't the first thing that I stole off of here-by far.

The other great thing too about this forum is that we really do have a lot of fun with each other. That includes the guys we occasionally disagree with, as the Preacher said.

If you can't learn here, then you just ain't paying attention.

Now, if one of the mods would get rid of this thing, or shut it down........