View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 12:04pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb

This was my last JUCO game of the year last night.

The home team had 6 players to begin with. Something told me that would play apart in the game later for some reason.

The first player from the home team fouls out with somewhere about 5 minutes to do in regulation. Well this game goes into two overtimes. In the 2nd overtime, there is about 18 seconds left on the clock when the second player from the home team fouls out. The home team is up by one as the visiting team shoots FTs. The visiting team hits both FTs and takes a one point lead. Immediately after the FTs are over, the home team gets the ball and fast breaks and gets an easy lay-up to take the lead. Then after the home team scores the visitors score on a fast break as well to take back the lead. Right after that basket (with 4 players if I did not make that clear) once again throws a half court pass and gets another basket on a lay-up to take back the lead. The visiting team tries to get a shot off in desperation to try to win the game. Of course they do not get a really good shot off and it misses miserably. The home team wins the game like 104-103.

Both teams were really not having a lot of success this season. The game really was miserable for most of it. A lot of complaining about calls from players and coaches all game long. A lot of bad basketball throughout the game as well. Half the time no one played any defense or stopping the ball. When a player would go to the hoop, they would be out of control and some contact would occur. Then they would look to us to bail them out. I really was not having any fun most of this game. But to see the end was all worth it I guess.

Peace