View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 24, 2005, 07:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
Quote:
Originally posted by refnrev
tj1,
A couple of those guys were from here. How long will your older brother be gone? He's with the Lawrenceville unit, right? Are they still at Ft. Stewart?
No they are at Ft. Shelby in Mississippi. I'm not sure how much longer they will be in MI. However, I believe they are scheduled to be overseas for 18 months.
Actually, it is named Camp Shelby, unless it has been renamed. It is located 13 miles south of Hattiesburg - my home town and the home of the University of Southern Mississippi. It is a big National Guard training site and units from all over the south train there. I worked for the Army Audit Agency for 20 years and we did a lot of National Guard audits (these were fun jobs) in MS, GA, NC, TN, etc., and we went to Camp Shelby with some of the units when they did their 2-week summer camp.

Being a veteran, it makes me feel good when people support our troops. I personally disagreed with Bush on Iraqui, but I do support our men and women doing their job.