View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 23, 2005, 10:35am
Official Forum Member

College Intermurals, the Land of Warnings. Where you don't get a tech unless you cuss directly at us.

So much so in this same game I had a punk kid who was playing dirty all night and started bumping another player and then started pushing him confrontationally. I went to split them up and called a Flagrant Intentional to get him out of the game. My previously mentioned partner came over and told me he thought it would look bad to toss the guy without a warning, so he goes down and reports a COMMON foul... not even an intentional. I issue a warning to the player and captain.

About 15-20 seconds left in the game I am lead and see a bit of a melay down at the other end of the court my p is splitting the two players up again. HE calls ANOTHER common foul on the punk doing the pushing and yapping. I told him we had warned him, he should be tossed. My p told me it'd be bad to eject someone at the end of the game. What this does now is let this punk be some other referee's problem NEXT game, because if he were ejected he'd be suspended for the season.

Craziness. They're not all bad over here, just a select few.