View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 23, 2005, 10:34am
Official Forum Member

Our association just went through a study of many of the assigning systems (web based). There are pros and con's for all. I was quite involved with a pc based system "Easy Schedule" that I used and customized as per the designer, Jim Booth. The last version is about 6-7 yrs old, not for sale anymore, but is still usefull. Id be glad to share that info with you. However, we found that for now, the Arbiter seems to be the most versitile, with the others improving all the time. It can reduce telephons calls over the long run but, it does'nt eliminate them.

I agree internet access can cause headaches, I would download all assignments each morning and work off of that for the day when I used the PC system. Make pencil changes and correct at night. Unless you have ALL day to sit in front of your computer. I did'nt. I also had to work.

We use the Arbiter for Ice Hockey too and unlike Baseball weather does'nt effect the games, so it is a little easier. I believe the cost of the Arbiter runs approximately $.25 a game, as a ballpark figure.