View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 23, 2005, 08:46am
Official Forum Member

Foulball, the answer is yes to your question about The Arbiter.net being dependent on the internet. If for any reason, the server goes down or somoeone cannot access, they cannot " see " their assignments.

However . . . Arbiter.net has some great capabilities. Once you are a member, if you receive an assignment, arbiter.com immediately sends you an e-mail telling you that you have been assigned. You then can check the site to see what you have and when.
Another capability is that you, the official, can block any days you don't want to be assigned - anniversary, wedding, vacation, previous commitments of any kind. This is viewed by the assignor(s), who will not waste time assigning you only to have you reply that you have a previous commitment.
Problem is, I don't know how you get permission to use this system or what, if any, the fee is. I am on it as an official and not as an assignor.
I do know it is free to the officials here in Ohio. You just need to register with the assignor and they give you a password and you're ready to go.

[Edited by officialtony on Feb 23rd, 2005 at 02:32 PM]
Sheffield Lake, Ohio