View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 22, 2005, 03:35pm
Official Forum Member

Not looking for agreement!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
David, the bottom line still is that your partner made a call based on his best judgement. That call was his to make, and he made it. The rulebook also supports his having the right to use his judgement as to whether he thinks the call should be an intentional foul or not. You questioned the call after the game and he gave you his reasons for making the call. You still absolutely refuse to accept his judgement regarding that call, and you'd like us to agree with you. Unfortunately, I can't and won't-- because I didn't see the call and I personally think that that it's unprofessional as hell to dump on a fellow official's judgement without having seen the call or hearing his version of the call. That's jmo.

Does that pretty well sum up where we're at? We disagree, and we're just going in circles repeating ourselves. Time to just let 'er go, imo.
I could care less about anyone agreeing with me. I was there and I saw the play - I know it was a bad call.

That's why we talked about it after the game. But I was looking on this board for some guys to give me some input as to this type of call.

You gave me some rule info and I see that "by rule" he could make this call.

Now you said
"it's unprofessional as hell to dump on a fellow official's judgement"

Then how is an official supposed to learn - if I make a bad call I sure need someone to point it out to me so that I don't make the same call again.

I'm sure you didn't learn how to officiate without someone telling you a few things that you might need to change - I have things I have to look at every time I go to camp and that's in front of a lot of coaches and players.

IMO that's why we have a board like this to ask questions.
And despite all of the talk about "questioning" and official, I did learn a few things from this thread.

I think Bob's post above said it best.

That's how it should be officiated IMO and my interpretation of the rules.

If we disagree that's fine, we can as you say go on to other things - i'm sure i'll have something tonight in my game.

Thanks
David