View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 22, 2005, 12:59pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by RollTide
1) 'crap in the game' = false double foul, false multiple foul, or having to 'reach' to validate a call that wasn't obvious

2) All I'm trying to say is if you go on the court every night to officiate the game using the rule book without any common sense being applied, well... do I have to say more???

1)False double fouls are crap? False double fouls are common as hell in any game. One example is a player being fouled, and then responding by shoving his opponent. That's a personal foul followed by a technical foul---> equalling a false double foul. Any foul on a foul shot that's committed before the clock starts is a false double foul too. That's crap to make those calls? Do you really know what false double fouls are?

2) Btw, how do really you know how I go on the court every night to officiate? Have you see me? How do you know that I don't use common sense? The same way that you know a fellow official completely screwed up an intentional foul, even though you never saw the play or talked to that official? Do I have to say more???

As an official, I think that you'd make a great fan.