View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 20, 2005, 09:47am
In Memoriam

You're second-guessing your partners pretty good, aren't you, David? The problem is....are you sure that they aren't doing the same about you?

The 3-seconds sounds iffy- fer sure- but do you know all of the dynamics on that call? Warnings ignored, etc.?

The intentional foul coulda been the right call too. Personally, I discuss calls like these with my partners, but I always try to avoid substituting my judgement for theirs. Especially when the call is their's.Their association may have instructed their officials to call shirt-grabbing late in games an intentional foul.

Most associations or officials' groups do some things slightly different than their neighbors or other groups. You may have made a call in this game that had your partner's heads shaking too. It would be great if we had uniformity across the country, but that ain't gonna happen-- so we just do the best we can.

Jmo, but when you're assigned to these games, just do the best job that you can. Enjoy the experience of meeting and working with different officials. Jmo.