View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 18, 2005, 04:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Snaqwells
Since the officials screwed up by lining the shooter up incorrectly, you can't penalize the team for making their own shots. Even if they caught this in time, you still wouldn't grant the points to B. The most you would do is remove the points and make A reshoot at the right basket. I don't even think I would do this.
Is this really a CE?
Yep, it's one of those 5 famous CE's - and 4 of the 5 have to do with free throws (2-10-1). And it does say that the correction (if caught in time) is to re-shoot. That's one of those things that's good to include in pre-game: get together with your partners in the event of something strange, such as T's. In this case, since the game started with a T, the partners should've gotten together and communicated who got the T, who's shooting (and where), who's got the ball after, what direction is the arrow going to point, etc. etc. This way, you don't have that issue of explaining to a coach why you're taking points off the board and making them re-shoot.

Also, I agree completely that the coach who waits until the end of the game to bring this up has no class.