View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 16, 2005, 10:31am
Official Forum Member

You're right but ....

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
Quote:
Originally posted by David B

Just wondering because last night I had the exact same thing happen, but I did have to remind the coach only the five players - now four plus the sub could be on the court.

David, please remember that once the sub enters the 30 second replacement period ends. The coach is not allowed to have the sub and the four other players on the court and talk to them for that reason.

Once the sub comes in, it is time to play. If the coach wants to talk to his team, he needs to hold the sub until near the end of the 30 seconds, then send him to check in.
The coach did it within the 30 seconds. He said "i have 30 seconds right?" I said yes and then he called his team over and met with them.

Horn sounded and we played.

He was within his time period and his rights.

But that is a good point about the sub not being in at that point - once the sub enters we play.

But we also know the coach will get the player he's going to sub in and stand there and talk to him (off the court) while he's waiting for the 30 seconds. If the other 4 players (on the court) want to listen in etc., that's legal.

Once the sub reports to the table then he's in and we play.

Thanks
David

[Edited by David B on Feb 16th, 2005 at 10:34 AM]