Thread: halfcourt rule
View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by yzrider3
it has been i few years since i have played basketball, and i went to my step isters game last night...middle school/highschool level. correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that when a basket is made, and the point is bringing the ball down, the other team cannot cross halfcourt. Then, at the end of the game there is a 2 minute rule where, to prevent a point guard, or anyone else from standing on the other side of halfcourt and dribbling for 2 minutes, the other team can cross over. I am sure that is how it was when I played. We had some very bad refs that i dont think they had ever watched a game of b-ball before. Please send a response quickly as I would like to take it up with the coach.
thanks, krystle
Actually Krystle, I'm afraid that you're that has never watched a game before.

How can you criticize the officials, who will probably officiate 50 to 100 games this year, when you haven't even been to a game in years? There are no such rules. Perhaps you played in some rec league that had these types of rules but they do not exist in a regulation game of basketball.

My advice - better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt. Don't say anything to the coach. i'm quite sure that even he knows the rules better than you.