View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 12:11pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty

This is really irrelevant. The original post said both coaches did agree to a warm-up period. How many different ways are there for basketball teams to warm up? The original post also mentioned a 20-30 minute delay for getting the injured player off the court. So then why would you disallow it?
Actually it is very relevant. In the original post the coaches did not say how long (in the post) and to what extent the warm up should take place.

I also said that I do not see a point for the warm up, because if they have been sitting around for the last 20-30 minutes not anticipating the game is going to start, then I am not sure it is needed that much.

The question was asked because the person making the post was unsure. If you are working in your game, do whatever you want to do. I keep telling many of you that is your choice. But please do not make it seem like everything is going to go smoothly and everyone is going to just agree whether to have a warm up period or not. You also have to factor in what the rules states (which there are no specific rules to my knowledge on this issue), what your state says, and what might work the best for the specific situation.

Peace