Old Mon Feb 14, 2005, 04:35pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
The official signalled the clock to be properly started. The timer, in error, did not start the clock properly. Under the rules we are authorized to correct such timing errors. Therefore, according to the rule, the sub can re-enter. QED.

Exactly what rule are you talking about, Dan?

There is no rule that I know of that will allow you to correct any timing error unless you know exactly how much time to put on or take off the clock. You need precise information to make any timing correction, as per R5-10. You don't have that precise info in this case, and you would have to guess. There is no rule that allows you to guess that I know of. The only thing that you have to work with in this sitch, rules-wise, is the fact that the clock never started. And if it never started, the sub doesn't meet the requirements of R3-3-4 and can't enter. QED.
By that argument, we can NEVER reset the clock (unless you have a portable built-in cesium clock in your brain). It's not humanly possible to know "exactly" how much time should be taken off...+/- a few picoseconds. [/B][/QUOTE]Camron, if you know of a rule that allows the referee to adjust the game clock without knowing exactly how much time to add or take off it, then would you please cite it for us?

I'm not arguing. I'm telling you what the rules as I know them state. If you know of a rule that states something different, please enlighten me.