View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 14, 2005, 10:39am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryS
H1 turns toward him and without even trying to make it look good pushes V2 with both hands. TWEET, I call the intentional foul. . . . “That call sucks.”…TWEET…Tech. . . . scorekeeper holds up 5 at that point so I decide to cut the kid some slack and not make it a flagrant T.
I'm pretty sure that this comment shouldn't be flagrant in any case. "Sucks" is hardly profanity and, even tho it was directed at you, it pretty much amounts to "that call was terrible." What would be your reasoning behind giving a flagrant for "sucks"? Just curious.

Quote:
We go to inbound the ball and all the kids for white are sitting on the bench. I let blue inbound, they dribble a second or two then I blow my whistle and announce “Game…blue wins.”
Definitely a forfeit, but I think I probably would've called it even before inbounding the ball. If they refuse to come out and play, I'd make sure the coach understood what would happen. Then if they don't come out, call it over. JMO.