View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 13, 2005, 08:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dan_ref
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
What happens when you entertain Coach A one-on-one is you have allowed Coach A to place the burden of responsibility for any injuries his players might sustain in the second half squarely on your shoulders.
I had seen clearly the plays that Coach A was talking about, and hadn't called any foul, becuase every time they happened, Team B lost the ball. This stuff just wasn't hurting Team A in any way. Notice that when Coach A talks to me at half-time, he said, "Someone is going to get hurt." No one had been hurt yet. After Coach A walked away, I talked to Coach B, the the problem was taken care of. In fact the little girl who had been setting such poor screens actually got a couple of good plays in the second half, where her teammate made a lay-up off the screen. Coach A was screaming, but there was absolutely nothing wrong.

The punch was Team A (bigger, faster, more skilled, more experienced) against little, fat, glasses player B, who had no self-defense skills of any kind. One girl held her arms, and the other punched her. Somehow, it's not Team A injuries that I'll be worrying about if I ever have them again.