View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 10, 2005, 05:15pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
I've really never thought about this kind of thing happening to be honest. Always said there's no excuse to be late unless of bad weather or a last minute transportation issue. I don't know, in some ways it sounds like an AD problem. Why don't they allow and schedule the game a little later for the team to travel? If they already got a T, I agree, I would put 15 on the clock to allow them to get warmed up, no need for some one to get hurt when an extra 5 minutes could have prevented it.
TJ,

I live in a big metropolitan area. It is not totally uncommon to have a school be a little late because of traffic that can be compounded by weather or accidents on these local interstate roads. If I have a team that is late, I would be as accommodating as possible. I would give them normal time for the most part. Really this is an issue between the schools and not really that involve the officials as much. Until the game starts we really do not have much say as to what is going to happen. I would have no problem giving the full time depending on how late they were. If it was less than an hour I probably would not make a big deal out of it. This happens all the time during the baseball season and we are fighting light. That is usually not a problem during the basketball season.

Peace