View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 10, 2005, 12:47pm
Official Forum Member

Had a blowout of about 20 points (B team ahead), 5 seconds left in the game.

A1 dribbling the ball up the floor quickly to try to get one last shot. B1 and B2 both aggresively double team A1 right before the halfcourt line. B1 very OBVIOUSLY pushes A1 in the back (not intentional, just momentum) causing A1 to go to the floor and lose the ball. TWEET! I call a foul, 3 seconds left on the clock. Unbeknownst to me it was 1 and 1 now.

I try not to keep track of the fouls till it gets to 1 and 1. I don't even like to look at the book and see "is there equal distribution of fouls" like many do. Anyway, back on point.

Obviously the call was correct, however, am I right to blow the whistle? I'd like tot hink I call a consistent game buzzer to buzzer, but is that me taking things too literal?

Ironically, the guy missed the free throw and no points scored. The only thing that irked me in the situation was that my rookie partner working our 2nd (and last) game of the night (the same guy who had earlier tried to tell me a defender cannot be moving his feet to take a player control foul... haha) loudly questioned why I called a foul in the situation and then proceeded to banter along with the players whom the foul was called on.

But anyway, would you blow the whistle there?