View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 10, 2005, 12:18pm
Official Forum Member

No offense specifically intended for John, but don't we ALL know to walk away. When the schtick hits the fan, ultimately we are the ones who are expected to be in control. For me, this is hard to hear because just like if someone has a bad experience with a car salesman, it must mean that all car salesmen are bad news. I don't want to be lumped in with officials who lose their cool. Somebody on this forum has a tag line that says something like; officiating is the only job where you're expected to be perfect.

Where is the crew? We tell our captains to deal with hot heads and we should do the same.
Tue night I worked a JV/V with 2 different partners. My JV partner (first time I've ever met him), was in over his head and ended up arguing with the Head Coach at half time in the back hallway about something that both could have avoided. I ended up grabbing him by the collar and pushing him into our dressing room and then proceeded to rip him a new one. After the V game, the coach apologized to me and felt bad about what he did and also that I had to get involved but thanked me for doing something.