View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 09, 2005, 12:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TimTaylor
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Personally, I'm on the same pace as you, as is my crew.
Ditto here. I feel the if you're going to err, it's much better to do so on the long side. It's kinda hard to defend a 10 second violation when only 8 have run off the clock.....
I'm not sure that is what Tony said. I would believe that he counts 10 seconds as 10 seconds.

I do. and 5 as 5. I want to reward the defense. Keeping someone in the back-court for 10 seconds isn't necessarily easy. Maintaining closely guarded for 5 seconds isn't easy unless the offense isn't paying attention. Reward the defense for a job well done.

I agree with cford, I see many officials count slow enough that a 10 second count would take 15 seconds. And I've seen throw-in violations called when it seemed like 3 seconds. Both of those are unacceptable to me. 10 is 10. 5 is 5. We should try our best to work with the correct values and make the appropriate speed of arm wags. Your partners should too.