View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 08, 2005, 11:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyrao
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
I'd have told him, "Nice try, but if I have to be here until this game is over, so do you."

Why would you be talking with a coach AFTER the game?

What happened after the T, did he go nuts?
I appreciate everyone's response. Actually, after, it was weird. After the T he called a TO and told his book keeper to make sure our names were in his book and told me he was reporting us to the state office. Other than calling TOs he never said another word. Then he had his team foul the other team every time they got the ball for the remainder of the game. He also called all his timeouts so the last quarter lasted longer (in total time) than the other three combined. Not sure why he did that but we officiated to the end and called the fouls, including one intentional, because we did not want to get the players playing too rough and fighting. Then it was senior night and there was a long intermission between games so it made the night even longer.
Coaching 101, my team is bad, I can't coach, so make a scene about the officiating to distaract from the REAL reason we are losing by 40.

The coach WAS trying to get tossed, and was working on you low key to make you look like the bad guy.

[Edited by blindzebra on Feb 8th, 2005 at 11:42 AM]