View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 07, 2005, 02:51pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

Rich, I'm still not getting this.

Sara's evaluator told her to do 'X'. You tell Sara the advice is bullcrap & you tell me it lacks substance. You have no idea why the evaluator said what he said, you have no idea what specifics he went into with Sara about what she needs to work on, but still it's bullcrap and lacks substance.

I'm not getting it.

I guess what I'm waiting for is Sara to come back on and tell us why the evaluator told her that the preliminary signals are important.

Dan, you are right -- I should've asked this first instead of just calling it bullcrap, but I'm just anticipating that the assignor told her this for no reason other than "it's in the book." To me, it's lazy evaluating.

Whenever I evaluate someone in baseball, I always explain WHY something is important. Because it's in the manual isn't a good enough answer, not in my book.

If the preliminary signal is important to keep Sara from rushing to the table, fine. If it's to communicate to her partner the nature of the foul (I'm not sure why this is important unless hacks, pushes and holds have different penalties) I can live with that, too.

Side question: When you folks that always signal preliminary signals signal on a made basket, do you raise your fist, score the basket, and then also give a prelim on the spot?

--Rich