View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 07, 2005, 01:17am
cingram

I'm not in charge of recruiting on my board (we have 80ish members I think).

We run adds in the local paper and advertise in the schools and universities to get members out. We currently don't have enough people coming out to make it competitive (have tryouts) but I know that Toronto does that.

All 1st year members are associate members (1/2 price). If you come back for a second year you are a full member and pay the full fee.

In Kitchener/Waterloo we have meetings every 2 weeks at a local high school. The meeting is broken up between 2 rooms - First and second years (learning the rules and interpretations) and the upper years (going over more complicated sitch's). During the year we offer 2 evaluation clinics. The first and second years work the games for free and upper years shadow them, talking in their ear helping them with positioning and what they are supposed to be doing/looking at. Once the associate members have been evaluated then they can start reffing games (this way we have a general idea of how they'll do in a game).

With such a small number you may just want to start with some clinics. Do some rules, and do some positioning work. Try to get them into a game and have someone shadow them to help with positioning and what they are supposed to look at.

Good luck.