View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 06, 2005, 02:37pm
Official Forum Member

At the start of the season, we fill out what we call a "close-out" sheet indicating the dates and schools that we can't work. My wife works in the guidance office at the city HS (only 1) and even though my association doesn't cover this school anymore, I still list it on my close-out sheet because they sometimes play out of district/region schools that we do cover.

I used to officiate soccer also and 3-4 years ago, I had to fill in a game at her school. I was there to watch (friend is head coach) and the scheduled center referee was involved in an accident on the way to the school. Neither of the other 2 officals wanted to do the center -- didn't think they were experienced enough -- so I was sort of "forced" into doing the game. They didn't want to do it 2-man. I explained the situation to the visiting coach and he didn't have a problem with the game. Turned out to be a good game that went into double OT and ended in a tie. It was a non-district game so it could end in a tie.