Thread: BLARGE
View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 06, 2005, 12:08am
Official Forum Member

If both officials go up with a fist, how does anyone know that one has a block and one has a charge?

When I have a double whistle, I defer to my partner if his whistle came a split second before mine or if we were both calling in the lane and he was lead. Or he defers to me if the play was coming to me, etc.

We try to pregame this (when I have a squared away partner that wants to pregame ).

The only way you would know if there was a block/charge conflict is if both officials made preliminary signals after the fist, right?

Does this happen that often?

I had a double whistle tonite as C where I called into the lane. My partner had a call at the same time. I had fist up. He had fist up. I pointed to him to say "your call, baby." He went and made the call. Now it wasnt a block/charge, but no one would have known that even if it had been because one defered to the other. Now, had I seen something on the back side that I think he might not have seen, I might motion him over.

I havent seen many instances where partners would both call fouls AND make signals showing different calls. How common is this? Please share your seasoned wisdom with me, a total newbie

Clark