View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 04, 2005, 12:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Last night, Freshmen girls', close game, but only because one team wasn't hitting shots. Red (leading) was clearly better, but just having a bad night in the percentages. Last minute and a half, White (losing) started fouling to get the ball back. Partner missed the first tap, and the second, so the third was a body blast. Partner got that one. Then we got the next couple. Red was hitting their free throws, White was turning the ball over. At 35 seconds, Red leading by 8, White scores, Red takes the ball out, throws it in. Red drives up the sideline, White isn't as fast, reaches out to foul, and slaps the dribbler's upper arm good and hard. No chance to play the ball, I called an intentional. Whining from the coach, but then the game goes on. Red gets the ball out, throws it in, the "receiver" breaks for the basket, White grabs the back of the jersey and holds on. I called intentional again. Coach goes postal, oh, no wait.... coach has an aneurysm.

Last night, when I was brushing my teeth, I noticed that each forearm has a little bruise, right where they met in the "X". Wow. I guess I need to tone down my signals a little.
Sounds beautiful, Juulie. That's exactly the way Howard said it should be called the other night. I think those end of the game intentionals need to be called with the same vigor as a PC call - no hesitation - sell it, baby! Feel proud of your bruises.