Thread: tough night
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 04, 2005, 01:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by canuckrefguy
Just need to bleed my soul a bit....

BV game, visitors down by 2, last :25 or so of the game. I'm new lead (2-person), we're in quick transition as home team pushes ball up court. I turn my head, then look back, see tail end of major collision at centre court, with two bodies hitting the floor, and visiting team stealing the ball back. No call from partner. I did not see the whole play - so no way am I going there. Home coach and fans screaming for foul.

Visitors set up half-court. Forward cuts to wing and gets pass. I see him do the double shuffle and dribble by a guy, so I call travel. V coach, who has been great all night, goes on about "the makeup call", as do the visiting fans. It must have looked bad. Visitors foul, Home team cans FT's down the stretch, and win by 5.

Later, I say to partner I may have been too quick with the travel call. He gives me the ole "gotta call the last minute like you do the first". But my guts are churning all the way home - I'm still thinking I should have passed on the travel. Dang.
Ok, run with it. You pass on the travel and the driving forward hits a runner to tie the game. Home coach goes postal because he saw it just like you did, traveling to gain advantage. He doesn't shut up and you have to whack him. Visitors make both FT, ball out and seal the game at the free throw line. How would your stomach be now? Go to sleep, sounds to me like you were spot on.