View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 02, 2005, 05:29pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

Last night I had MS VB game. This is my first this Winter because I have been busy with basketball since October. I went to game 1/2way pouting because I had to turn down a HS girls JV B'ball game that would have been a very competitive, fast-paced, run and gun game. I go to the gym determined to have a good night and do my best. I know the rule, can explain the rule, but have always been somewhat blind to being able to recognize overlapping. During first match I am on the floor. I sub in a player for V team, check my card, and look at the alignmnent. Something doesn't seem right. I check their feet, check my lineup card again, "bang!" They were overlapping -- and I could see it. Match 2. I'm on the stand. I look down at home team right below me and something seems out of place. I remember who the CF is, check their feet. "Bingo!" There it is again. I see it again. Suddenly it just became clear and I can see it. Also, when on the stand I see visitor's RB and CB very close together right behind CF who has her hands high above her head during the serve. I watch carefully to see where the server plays the ball. Had she played it over them it would have been my first screen. And I saw it so clearly. I left the gym very happy after all last night!