View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 02, 2005, 05:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
Quote:
Originally posted by stick
BV game last night. Early in the game the offensive team is setting an off the ball screen. Player A from the offense attempts to move open for the pass by the screen. Player B from the defense who was guarding him grabs his shirt to prevent him from moving right in front of me!! TOOT! I called flagrant on B. Coach was wondering why, thinking maybe he cussed or something. I told him why and that it's in the rules. He countered by saying it didn't affect the play why call it. I say, doesn't matter, it's still the rule and I walked away. Gotta let'em know who's boss right away.
You kicked a kid out of the game because he held onto a guy's shirt? Wow. That's maybe an intentional foul, but I can't see kicking a kid out of the game for that.
I agree. Flagrent sounds rather harsh - but your call.
ART. 3 . . . An intentional foul is a personal or technical foul designed to stop or keep the clock from starting, to neutralize an opponent's obvious advantageous position, contact away from the ball or when not playing the ball. It may or may not be premeditated and is not based on the severity of the act. A foul also shall be ruled intentional if while playing the ball a player causes excessive contact with an opponent.

ART. 4 . . . A flagrant foul may be a personal or technical foul of a violent or savage nature, or a technical noncontact foul which displays unacceptable conduct. It may or may not be intentional. If personal, it involves, but is not limited to violent contact such as: striking, kicking and kneeing. If technical, it involves dead-ball contact or noncontact at any time which is extreme or persistent, vulgar or abusive conduct. Fighting is a flagrant act.