View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 02, 2005, 04:36pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Flag Care

Quote:
Originally posted by Chess Ref
Burning the flag is a respectful and honorable way to discard a flag . Ironic but still true. That has always cracked me up the "kill the flag burners " crowd. Ugh that is how the military handles flags. i wonder if the "kill the flag burners " crowd really mean is kill all people who don't think like we do. Anyway no yelling at me my family has a long and proud relationship with the military.
Respectfully retiring a flag is a very different matter from setting it alight in the streets while firing your automatic weapon in the air and chanting "Death to America. Death to the great Satan." And it's a different matter from the folks here at home who are so bitter about not getting things their way that they feel the need to symbolically burn us all.

And as for the comment about "kill all people who don't think like we do," sadly there is too much of that sentiment on both sides of the argument, don't you think?