View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 02, 2005, 09:45am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by David B
Boys game last night goes to the wire.

We are 3 man crew two veterans and a one young official(who is improving I can say)

We have home team up 59-57 with 3 sec to play. Ball inbounded by visitors under home teams goal.

I'm in C and have the clock. Visitors make two quick passes and somehow guy is wide open in the lane. He is driving away from me to go to the left hand side and right at the lead (young official).

He releases just before horn sounds and I think he is fouled but really could not tell. Lead raises his arm like he has a foul but makes no call.

Coach wants the foul so I go to my lead and ask "did you have a foul" and he says no.

My question is should I have tried to talk him into his foul call since I'm pretty sure there was a foul - shooter ends up on the floor.

He said no foul so we went home.

My trail on the way home (we rode together) said it was a hard foul, but he couldn't make the call from the other end.

I was just wanting to get some input from guys who have been there, what would you do, and etc.

I'm pretty sure I know how I would handle it now that it has happened, but don't we just hate to learn our lessons the hard way.

thanks
David
Let him live or die with it. You were right to go in with information, but you can't bowl him over with your own way. Don't let coach beat him down After the game, talk to him about judgment, and mechanics, both of which he needs to work on. Do it in a "learning opportunity" way. Then drop it.