View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 01, 2005, 12:55pm
Official Forum Member

Those are both the most difficult and most rewarding cases you will ever handle as a DA. I was on our Sex Crimes unit for some time and I handled quite a few child molestation cases. They are difficult from an evidentiary stand point (unless you defendant is stupid enough to videotape himself molesting his 6 year old daughter, like a defendant I had in a case; truly unbelievable). They are heart wrenching and horrible. But when you get the ******* you feel better about it then when you convict a murderer. At least I do anyway. Some murder is at least understandable from a human emotional standpoint--people get mad, tempers flare, a gun is present. Like Chris Rock says: "If you havent contemplated murder, you've never been in love." Now I am not saying truly evil premeditated murder is understandable. But nothing about sex crimes on kids is understandable to me.

I am off specialty teams now and and heading my own team of attorneys, which is its own challenge. In fact, two of my guys are in a murder trial as of yesterday so I have to observe them and help them out.

Clark