View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 03:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Durkee
I hope I can explain this so it can be understood, and I am sorry if this is an issue that has alreay been addressed.

A1 is dribbling the ball in his backcourt moving toward the frontcourt. B1 steps up to guard him right at the division line. A1 puts his left foot down in the frontcourt and he bounces the ball a time or two in the front court. A1's right foot remained on the floor in the backcourt. Then, in an effort to spin away from the defender, A1 reverse pivots and moves his right foot from the backcourt into the frontcourt while simultaneously (more or less) moving the ball back across the division line. The next time the ball hit the floor it was in the backcourt. The right foot landed in the frontcourt discernibly before the ball landed in the backcourt. (It was during a dribble so it wasn't that much before.) The left foot stayed in the frontcourt. I called backcourt because I thought the ball location was frontcourt until it hit in the backcourt. Other local officials think the location of the dribble was already in the backcourt when the ball crossed the division line, but before hitting the floor, or that I cut it too fine and should not have made the call. Well, what do you think?

Rick
Back court violation. Ball and foot in front court and one foot in back court. As soon the player lifts the foot in the backcourt the ball has front court status. As I understand it the foot was lifted and the ball was then dribbled in the backcourt. Backcourt violation.