View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 11:55am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BoomerSooner
First of all, I am assuming by "O/B" you mean "over and back" or more commonly backcourt violation. If so then the right call was made. Home never lost team control and was the last to touch it before it went into the backcourt. Not only could H1 not retrieve the ball, but no player on the home team could do so without a violation.

On the second situation, you are correct the free throws should have been shot with players on the line and the ball should have given to V with 0:00.00 showing on the clock to inbound following the second made FT. The horn signals the expiration of time, not 0:00.00. It is possible that there was still a tenth of a second on the clock or in your situation since it appears by your post that the clock in question reads tenth and even hundredths, there might have been 0:00.001 left in the game. Maybe not enough time for a basket, but plenty of tiem for some other things (i.e. a foul).