View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 11:52am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by that's a walk
1st sitch...Home team (12-0) down by one with 22 secs. left. H1 w/ball in front court very near division line dribbling t set up last shot. V1 tries for steal and hits ball off leg of H1. Ball rolls into backcourt where H1 regains control. T official calls O/B. Ball to V. A little more info. H1 & V1 had their backs to Trail. Everyone in the building thought because ball was tipped it should have been a no call. Trail after game said because H1 was last to touch ball he could not be first to touch in B/C. I agreed with the crowd. Once the ball was tipped by the defender ball control was lost. I would have indicated a "tip" and let play continue. Or am I missing something?
If I am reading this correctly, the official made the right call. The ball last touched the team in control which was the Home team. Then a player from the home team was the first to touch the ball in the back court. That was the right call. It is usually misunderstood, but it is the right call.

Quote:
Originally posted by that's a walk
2nd sitch...Home team down by 1 still. 2.1 secs on clock. Home shooting front end on 1&1. Shot missed. Home rebounds and goes up. Foul on V. Shooting foul. Look at the clock. It reads 0.00 but no horn. Officials confer and award two shots and clear lane spaces. Home team big center steps up and drains both shots. Home team goes to 13-0 and the officials head for the dressing room. My only question with this is: Was this ending handled correctly?
The game does not end until the horn. Having said that, I would need more information. Was the foul considered before the game ended? Was the clock horn not working properly? You are not giving us any information that gives the reasons why the official made the decision. You just stated there was a foul called and there was no time on the clock. It sounds like they have a foul and the clock did not sound off properly. There could be more to the story, but I will wait for your response to know for sure.

Peace