View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 11:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by that's a walk
1st sitch...Home team (12-0) down by one with 22 secs. left. H1 w/ball in front court very near division line dribbling t set up last shot. V1 tries for steal and hits ball off leg of H1. Ball rolls into backcourt where H1 regains control. T official calls O/B. Ball to V. A little more info. H1 & V1 had their backs to Trail. Everyone in the building thought because ball was tipped it should have been a no call. Trail after game said because H1 was last to touch ball he could not be first to touch in B/C. I agreed with the crowd. Once the ball was tipped by the defender ball control was lost. I would have indicated a "tip" and let play continue. Or am I missing something?

2nd sitch...Home team down by 1 still. 2.1 secs on clock. Home shooting front end on 1&1. Shot missed. Home rebounds and goes up. Foul on V. Shooting foul. Look at the clock. It reads 0.00 but no horn. Officials confer and award two shots and clear lane spaces. Home team big center steps up and drains both shots. Home team goes to 13-0 and the officials head for the dressing room. My only question with this is: Was this ending handled correctly?
1st Situation: How many over and back threads have there been just in the last month? The specific rules have been stated over and over, very clearly. Ref got it right, you and the crowd got it wrong.

2nd Situation - Did the clock show tenths of seconds or just full seconds? If the clock doesn't show tenths, that last second sometimes ticks off after the clock shows 0:00. There's a delay between the clock running down and the horn.