Thread: Rules question
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 07:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ol Blue
This happened in a game recently but no one appealed the play so I didn't have to make a call at the time, just as well because I wasn't to sure.
ASA 14u FP

R1 on first and one out. B1 hits line drive to F6 and R1 was off with the pitch. F6 catches the line drive retiring B1 and throws to First trying to double off R1 but overthrows F1 and the ball goes into the first base dugout.
R1 while stopping and trying to get back to first twists her ankle and is now lying on the ground in obvious pain. I called deadball as soon as the ball went into the dugout since this is dead ball territory. The coach comes out to attend to his player. R1 can not continue and is carried off the field without ever retouching first, her sub takes third base without touching any other base but third.
1. Could the runner or sub be appealed for leaving early and not tagging up?
2. Can the sub be appealed for not touching second base on her way to third.

I know this is in the rule book somewhere but I have yet to find it and I have read rule 8 a couple of times so its not there.

And if it had been appealed I would have called her out in either case.

ASA 4.6.D & POD 29