Thread: traveling?
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 30, 2005, 02:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sfriede
It was obvious that a foul on our side of the state was much different than on the other side of the state. Explain advantage/disadvantage in this situation. Is it not our job to keep things fair. 200 miles is the difference. No matter the distance we are all the NFHS. The consistency is the hardest part of this game for me to figure out as I mentioned in an earlier reply.

Consistency within the game you're working has to be the goal. Consistency from crew to crew within an association is also a gosl for the organization. But you're always going to see different styles and philosophies in high school athletics when moving from area to area. It's just not possible to have the same philosophies across an entire state.

Quote:
So I don't think you can completely judge how you call a game by how the coaches are responding.
I didn't say you should or could. I said, "Minor adjustments may be made. For example, if the line is too high, i.e. too much contact without fouls and both coaches are unhappy with it, then we may tighten up simply to clean up the cheap stuff and the frustration that may set in."