View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 30, 2005, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by jesmael
6th grade boys game, rec league. The team we were playing would scream at my players on every shot. Does this happen in High school or competitive travel leagues? My son plays Travel baseball and we some of it but it is discouraged most of the time. Is there any precedence that allows us to give T's on this behavior? At this level and age of play I feel it is just teaching poor sportsman ship and want to stop it, so I am looking for any NFHS rule that can back me up. I looking in both rule book and case book but could not find anything.
It's not illegal, and there's not any precedent for the refs to legitimately handle this. I suggest that the best way to handle it is to keep making the shots, and then finally ask the ref to point out to the coach that it's not helping them any, why not stop. Also, I suppose if the coach of the team is instructing his players to do this, so that it's a pattern, it might be considered unsportsmanlike. But it may be just something you have to put up with when you play that team.