View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 27, 2005, 04:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by eventnyc
I referee both boys and girls high school basketball in Long Island, New York. I belong to two different associations. The boy's association is an IAABO Board. The girl's association belongs to the NYS Girls Basketball Officials Association. The only problem I have is that the boys play under NFHS Rules while the girls play under NCAA Rules. There are not too many differences, however, enough to confuse you on occasion. Does anyone else have a similar situation? I believe that if you are in high school, you should play by high school rules, not collegiate. Several of my fellow girls officials, describe the problem as political.
Interesting.. never heard of any high school leagues that don't use NFHS rules. I'm in two separate associations here in Washington State (boys and girls) for the same area. Girls use a shot clock so there are just a few minor differences. I've accidentally signaled for a shot clock reset in a guys game before or accidentally started a 10-second count in B/C on a girls game before, but I notice it and correct it right away. Minor stuff.

Z