View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 27, 2005, 04:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
I do not have the type of problem at the high school level that is for sure. I do work both with the NF Rules and the NCAA Rules at the Men's level. I do not have that big of an adjustment. Of course you might have to review a little bit to make sure you are applying the correct rulings when I work a college game (I do not work nearly as many college games as I do HS games), but it is not a major issue. Most of the NCAA Men's mechanics are almost identical and the rules are not that far off. But Women's Rules are another story. But I do not see many people having a major struggle with those differences. I really do not know what else to tell you. I know many that work with all the rules sets and deal with it.

Peace
I guess i should have clrified my biggest gripe. If NFHS Rules are written for girls and boys, why not have high school girls play by high school rules? BTW Rut, you're right the adjustment isn't that bad. Once in awhile, I'll find myself standing opposite the table on free throws in a girls game. Oopps!