View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 04:58pm
Official Forum Member

Please understand that I am not tooting my own horn-----This is my second year calling HS ball after 8 years of calling Rec league men and kids of all ages. I called with the guy who has the rep as being the best in our Association last night. As we were on our way back to our meeting place,he said to me "Now I know what everyone has been talking about.". I said,"What are you talking about?".He said," You have some of the best mechanics I have ever seen,you are always in position,you make your calls with authority,and you hustle and know how to handle the players and coaches. Some have said I do the best job here but I think you are a more sound official than I am."

I was FLOORED. He said our President had received numerous calls from coaches commenting on my officiating. He then paid the compliment of all compliments--"I'll call with you anytime."
This got me fired up and I got home last night and studied that rule book like I had never studied it before but my question is-where are some referee camps I can go to to get some more instruction (in the SouthEast preferably Alabama)? I have always thought about calling college ball but don't know who to contact to get started?I know I'm not ready to call college but I want to get better so I would be able to.