View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 25, 2005, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

As a coach I would never expect the ref to say he missed a call. I've only had the experience of a ref tell me he missed a call was a couple weeks ago in a post season 7th grade league where my daughter plays. It's a great league, no pressure, the kids improvise and play like it's a pick up game.
The only time I had a ref tell me he missed a call was when my daughter (um, bit of a brag here, can't help it...) was fouled on a left handed lay-up in traffic, after busting a 3 person trap and looking a lot like Lebron at the time. The refs ran by and told me that she missed it because she was fouled, but it happened so fast and they were watching her play, and sorry but she is so fun to watch.... They were so awed by her all I could do was smile. She's one of those tiny, spit fire point guards, infinitley coachable and all about the game; lives, breathes and sleeps it. She averages 25 points, 5 assists and 5 rebounds (but whose counting right?). The ref did call another foul shortly after where she went for a fast break layup and was shoved pretty hard in the air. She was flying head first to the concrete block wall when out of nowhere came a man in stripes and caught her, set her down and called the foul. He never said a word to me or her. My hero.

Call some, miss some. In my neck of the woods, rec ball grades 3-8, it all works out in the end.

Coach G.