View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 25, 2005, 12:37pm
Do not give a damn!!

I think when you say, "If it happened that way...." you give yourself an out. Most of the time the complaining from the coach is about judgment call, not a rule application. Or even when they are debating a rule application, it is based on what you saw as compared to what they saw. I do not think you flat out admit a mistake unless you know for sure you screwed up. For example if you misapplied a rule and you at halftime look up the situation and find out you screwed the pooch on that play. Or if you know you allowed a sub to come in and you know it was the improper time, and then you realize the mistake was made, and then I have no problem with admitting that kind of mistake. But those types of mistakes are very rare. I just do not think you go around every play that a coach disagrees with you admitting you were wrong. We all make judgment calls we are not particularly happy with when we make them during a game. I know I can usually point to at least one call a game. Most of the time those calls are not up for debate by a coach. They do not even know I feel that way because the call is not a big deal.

Peace