View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 25, 2005, 09:45am
Official Forum Member

I know some of you may cringe at actually uttering the words above but I want to know how many of you will actually tell a coach/plaer that you kicked one .
Over the past year (My first as an official official) I have done roughly 300 games with the skill level ranging from mens league to 5th grade CYO to AAU to High School Varsity (Pre season Tourneys)and I have admitted 3 times to either a player or coach that I did in fact miss a call .
Is this something that I should never do ? Is it acceptable at some levels but not others . Does it give you more credibility ? Or less ?
From personal experience in all 3 instances the coach / player has come up to me after each of the games and said they they really appreciated the fact that I admitted I missed a call . The first was a 5th grade CYO coach the second was a High School Varsity Coach and then last night it was a mens league player who said that in all the years he has been playing (He played D1) that is the first time he ever had an official admit he missed a call . As soon as the plyer said that it immediately raised a red flag and I thought that maybe I shouldn't have admitted I kicked it.....
Your feedback is appreciated