View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 19, 2005, 02:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tharbert
In Illinois, the IHSA patch goes on the left sleeve. Many of the officials have been placing the flag on the right sleeve. At the state tournament last year, the IHSA made officials remove flags from their right sleeves. They explained that the field of blue is supposed to be over the heart and that unless you have a flag with the field to the right, you couldn't wear it on your right sleeve.

I also noted that our military has started wearing a flag on the right sleve of some BDU's with the blue field to the right.

I'm retired Air Force so the next trip I make to a base will include a trip to clothing sales to get a handfull of those reversed field flags.
The US Army wears a US Flag on the uniform in a deployed/at war environment. I wore one in Macedonia as part of KFOR and in Iraq. The current regulation is that all soldiers will have a flag on their uniform.

The flag that the goes on the right sleeve has the field of blue to the front. as mentioned in another post it makes the flag look like is blowing in the wind as it would if being taken into battle.

For most people this flag looks backwards when looking at it. It is an approved flag design.