View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 19, 2005, 11:43am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by TheRefinator
For those that saw the game last night, what did you think of the refs. demeanor (the one who called the 1st T for delay of game on FSU). Our board President has made it clear that as much as possible, emotions are to be kept out of officiating. To see this official seemingly infuriated over what I believe was a violation that merited a warning rather than a T, was unbelievable. You would have thought that someone just slapped his mother. I am not doubting his right to make the call, but in a close game like that every little thing, including the officials demeanor, can swing momentum UNFAVORABLY from one team to another. Am I all wet, or is that how you all approach games.

You're second guessing. You don't know all of the circumstances unless you were out on the floor with the guys. Do you know if anybody on the bench maybe made a remark that mighta set the guy off?

Those guys are working major D1 ball and doing those tv games for a reason. They're good. And they don't keep doing that level if they're predisposed to losing their tempers.

Personally, I would never, ever dream of judging officials without hearing their side of the story.